Visiting Winston-Salem and Our Museum
After you’ve filled your tank with the fun and excitement of experiencing Winston Cup Series history, motor over to some of the other great places to see in Winston-Salem. The vibrant downtown arts district, various other great museums, historical sites and outstanding local restaurants are all close by so you can easily make a day out of your visit to the area.
- Mary’s Gourmet Diner – a great place for breakfast anytime of day
- Camel City BBQ Factory – BBQ, craft beer and fun games
- Big Winston Warehouse – cool eateries and shops under one roof
- 6th and Vine Restaurant – wine, fun and good eats
- Atelier on Trade Bakery & Cafe – sweets and savories handcrafted with love
- Black Mountain Chocolate Factory – watch your chocolate being made in the Visible Factory
- Finnigan’s Wake Irish Pub and Kitchen – perfect blend of family friendly restaurant and full out Irish bar
- Mission Pizza Napoletana – craft beer and unique, specialty pizzas
- Sweet Potatoes – southern style cooking including what else? Sweet potato pie!
- The Garage – live music for those 21 years and older
- Ziggy’s – live music venue and tavern
- Silver Moon Saloon and Single Brothers – for drinks and socializing
Other fun things to do nearby
- Old Salem Museum and Gardens – history you won’t want to miss
- Children’s Museum of Winston-Salem – a place where little ones can get out their energy
- Winston-Salem Dash baseball (when in season) – the Class A team of the Chicago White Sox.
- Revolution Gliding Tours and Triad Eco Adventures – if Segway tours are your thing
- Milton Rhodes Center for the Arts – with both gallery art and live theatre
- Camel City Carriages – the best way to see Winston-Salem
- Cobblestone Farmer’s Market – where fresh fruit, vegetables and more are in season
Who cranked up a bulldozer and started plowing up the old Richmond Fairgrounds in 1988?
Answer: Richard Petty. With his record 13 victories at the Richmond Fairgrounds track, Petty was invited to drive one of the bulldozers during the remodel of the historic venue.