Visiting Winston-Salem and Our Museum
Start your adventure with a visit to The Winston Cup Museum! There’s a lot to do when visiting downtown Winston-Salem, and we’d love to help you plan a full-day tour of our fine city.
After you’ve filled your tank with the fun and excitement of experiencing Winston Cup Series history, motor over to some of the other great places to see in Winston-Salem. The vibrant downtown arts district, various other great museums, historical sites, and outstanding local restaurants are all close by so you can easily make a day out of your visit to the area.
- Mary’s Gourmet Diner – A great place for breakfast anytime of day
- Camel City BBQ Factory – BBQ, craft beer, and fun games
- Big Winston Warehouse – Cool eateries and shops under one roof
- 6th and Vine Restaurant – Wine, fun, and good eats
- Black Mountain Chocolate Factory – Watch your chocolate being made in the Visible Factory
- Finnigan’s Wake Irish Pub and Kitchen – Perfect blend of family friendly restaurant and full out Irish bar
- Mission Pizza Napoletana – Craft beer and unique, specialty pizzas
- Sweet Potatoes – Southern-style cooking—their sweet potato pie is a must
- The Garage – Live music for those 21 years and older
- Silver Moon Saloon and Single Brothers – For drinks and socializing
Microbreweries and Distilleries
- Foothills Brewery and Small Batch Brewery – For craft beers and eats
- Wiseman Brewery – Craft beers with regular food trucks where dogs and kids are both welcome
- Broad Branch Distillery – Tours and tastings of Blue Ridge Mountain-inspired traditional spirits
Other Fun Things to Do Nearby
- Old Salem Museum and Gardens – History you won’t want to miss
- Kaleideum Downtown – A fun children’s museum where little ones can get out their energy
- Winston-Salem Dash – Baseball (when in season)
- Triad Eco Adventures – If Segway tours are your thing
- Milton Rhodes Center for the Arts – For interesting contemporary art exhibits
- Camel City Carriages – The best way to see Winston-Salem
- Cobblestone Farmer’s Market – Where fresh fruit, vegetables, and more are always in season
- Visit the various art shops on Trade Street and beyond
25 Best Things to Do in Winston-Salem, North Carolina
The Winston Cup Museum made Vacation Idea’s 25 Best Things to Do in Winston-Salem list! Click on the Vacation Idea Dream Vacation Magazine logo below to see what else they recommend doing while you’re in town.
Traveling With a Team?
Click on the Hotels4Teams logo below to learn why The Winston Cup Museum is a great destination for anyone attending the BB&T Sports Park or other surrounding venues!
Who cranked up a bulldozer and started plowing up the old Richmond Fairgrounds in 1988?
Answer: Richard Petty. With his record 13 victories at the Richmond Fairgrounds track, Petty was invited to drive one of the bulldozers during the remodel of the historic venue.