Visiting Winston-Salem and Our Museum
After you’ve filled your tank with the fun and excitement of experiencing Winston Cup Series history, motor over to some of the other great places to see in Winston-Salem. The vibrant downtown arts district, various other great museums, historical sites and outstanding local restaurants are all close by so you can easily make a day out of your visit to the area.
- Mary’s Gourmet Diner – a great place for breakfast anytime of day
- Camel City BBQ Factory – BBQ, craft beer and fun games
- Big Winston Warehouse – cool eateries and shops under one roof
- Crafted Art of the Taco – amazingly creative food and great craft beer
- 6th and Vine Restaurant – wine, fun and good eats
- Black Mountain Chocolate Factory – watch your chocolate being made in the Visible Factory
- Finnigan’s Wake Irish Pub and Kitchen – perfect blend of family friendly restaurant and full out Irish bar
- Mission Pizza Napoletana – craft beer and unique, specialty pizzas
- Sweet Potatoes – southern style cooking including what else? Sweet potato pie!
- The Garage – live music for those 21 years and older
- Silver Moon Saloon and Single Brothers – for drinks and socializing
Microbreweries and distilleries
- Foothills Brewery and Small Batch Brewery – for craft beers and eats
- Wiseman Brewery – craft beers with regular food trucks where dogs and kids are both welcome
- Broad Branch Distillery – tours and tastings of Blue Ridge Mountain-inspired traditional spirits
Other fun things to do nearby
- Old Salem Museum and Gardens – history you won’t want to miss
- Kaleideum Downtown – a fun children’s museum where little ones can get out their energy
- Winston-Salem Dash baseball (when in season) – the Class A team of the Chicago White Sox.
- Triad Eco Adventures – if Segway tours are your thing
- Milton Rhodes Center for the Arts – for interesting contemporary art exhibits
- Camel City Carriages – the best way to see Winston-Salem
- Cobblestone Farmer’s Market – where fresh fruit, vegetables and more are in season
22 Best Things to Do in Winston-Salem
Click on the Vacation Idea Dream Vacation Magazine logo below to see that The Winston Cup Museum Special Event Center is one of the top 22 things to do in Winston-Salem!
Traveling with a Team
Click on the Hotels4Teams logo below to see that the Winston Cup Museum Special Event Center is a great destination for anyone attending the BB&T Sports Park or other surrounding venues!
Who cranked up a bulldozer and started plowing up the old Richmond Fairgrounds in 1988?
Answer: Richard Petty. With his record 13 victories at the Richmond Fairgrounds track, Petty was invited to drive one of the bulldozers during the remodel of the historic venue.